Leopard Blog Search

Thursday 7 October 2010

Starting to plan our video

Here is a copy of our lyrics that I annotated. I listened to our song 'Take me on a train' and at the beginning and end of each line I noted down the seconds. For example the first line comes in after 9 seconds and finishes at 16 seconds. I did this because it will help us out significantly as it will be much easier to plan shots and the cutting rate, as well as when we want the artist lip syncing.




Here is a picture of the start of our storyboard. After annotating the lyrics it was much easier to know what shot types we want and what we want our artist actually doing. In this picture we have addressed the fact that the lyrics don't start for 8 seconds, and it is just the guitar playing. So we have come up with the idea to have four 2 second shots of the artist from different angles switching from him playing the guitar to walking along a country track.


We have only just began storyboarding and still have to complete it, however I thought it would be useful to record our early processes to remind ourselves of our initial ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment