Leopard Blog Search

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Location Ideas

I really like the idea of our artist performing by water. I originally thought the seaside would be extremely effective, however I think it would be difficult travelling there. I will however still keep this idea in mind as we may be able to devise a plan to work around the problem. Alternatively we could film somewhere with water, for example a lake. Hatfield Forest is about 20 minutes away, and this would be a much more reasonable place to travel to. There is also a fishing lake in a nearby village, but I realise with both of these public locations I would need to seek permission to film on their property.



  • Here is an image of the lake at Hatfield forest.







 

I still want to include a black and white flashback as I think it will add realism to our music video. However, if we aren't filming at the seaside we also won't be able to film a memory of the artist and his girlfriend at the pier. I have tried to come up with some alternatives to this, and I have considered have a fast cutting rate where it just shows glimpses of the couple walking down a street laughing and joking with eachother, as this would suggest happier times, which would be a comparison to filming our artist looking bitter. If we were to film at Hatfield forest, or the fishing lake we could film the memory in the rural surroundings. For example the couple doing everyday things like dog walking. 


 
  • Here is an image of a couple walking their dog through a meadow, as cliche as this may look, I think it would be effective when portraying the artists previous happiness.





 
Previously, I posted the idea of filming the artist on a busy street looking confused, and possibly ending with him at a train station as it would incorporate the title of the song 'Take me on a train'. We have researched into this idea and have found out it is very difficult to gain permission to film at a station as it can cause inconvenience for both passengers and the staff. To get around this issue we could either film from the car park and get a short clip of the artist walking towards the station, or of the train leaving/arriving the platform. In Newport there is a level crossing where the public can cross to access fields for dog walking etc. we could film the train passing there as it would cause no problems. 



  • Here is an image of a train passing through a rural area, we could film from this angle without causing others problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment