Leopard Blog Search

Tuesday 5 October 2010

How and why the digipack assignment has helped


In addition to writing up my July assignment evaluation I have decided to upload the original digipack images with the labelled codes and conventions. This task of creating an artist and a digipack has helped me widen my knowledge on specific genres of music and the image that comes with it.

My research skills have improved as I learnt when doing the July assignment that using official artist websites helps to gain in depth knowledge of their image as there is usually a gallery of photos of the artist/band. This is useful as I have now used The Kooks, Lily Allen and Jason Mraz's website for indie genre research.

The photo of Nick we chose to use as the front cover of our digipack portrays Nick in a menacing way. I like the way his face is straight on and his sight line is slightly raised. I will concentrate on sight line when creating my artists front cover image on their album.

No comments:

Post a Comment