Leopard Blog Search

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Explanation and images from our first filming session


I took this photo of our artist Joe so I could look back at his costume and decide whether it was right for our music video. I believe it was a good decision, as it links back to similar clothes I looked at previously on topman.com.


 Here is a picture of the equipment we used on the day: The camera, Tripod and a Laptop. The tripod was very useful when wanting to film steady shots from a distance, aswell as close up shots. We used the laptop to play the song and help Joe when lip syncing the song. However, the laptop ran out of battery whilst we were filming, so I got Joe to record the song onto his mobile phone. This was a great help as he then was able to lip sync the song in time.


This photo is of Hannah and I filming beside the lake. Here we were doing test shots, and working out angles that we could film Joe our artist from.


This image is of the lake itself, I took this establishing shot as it shows what the surroundings look like.

 This low angle of Joe was taken so that we could look back and decide if it was a good idea to film from this angle. I think it was because although he is looking down playing the guitar the audience can also see his face and facial expressions which helps establish the mood of the video.


I took this photo to see what it looked like filming on the left hand side of our artist. Although I like the angle his hair falls to the left covering his face, and this makes it more difficult to see his facial expressions. However, you can see his hands clearly playing the guitar.


I then took a photo from the right hand side and decided that it looked better this way. It is much easier to see his face and the guitar is still very visable. So, we decided it would be more effective to film from this view point.


No comments:

Post a Comment