Leopard Blog Search

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Costume Ideas

To create the right image for our artist I decided to look on official artist websites to see what clothes are worn by them, and what I think would look good for our own artists image.


  • Firstly I looked at Paolo Nutini -

(http://www.paolonutini.com/photos,behind-the-scenes_2.htm)

 Here Paolo is looking laid back, wearing a casual outfit. Before seeing this image I wouldn't of considered my artist wearing a hat, so this has been useful as it adds to his relaxed image. Adding to this point, the fact his shirt is undone with a white t-shirt worn casually underneath makes him look even more comfortable and cool. From this I have realised the casual look goes well with an acoustic guitar and I will consider this when designing my artists image.





  • I then looked at Jack Johnson -

(http://jackjohnsonmusic.com/photos)


In this image Jack Johnson is also looking extremely casual, wearing a plain grey t-shirt with jeans. Although I like the way the artist looks natural, and not over styled I don't think I will go for this particular look as it is too plain. I personally preferred the way Paolo wore a shirt. However, I do want my artist to be seen with his guitar to emphasise the fact he is a musician.






  • I lastly looked at Daniel Powter -

(http://www.danielpowter.com/news/2010/10/01/new-behind-scenes-photos)


In this image Daniel Powter looks more dressed up than both Paolo Nutini and Jack Johnson. This may be because he was performing at a bigger concert or it might be his general image. Like Paolo, he is also wearing a hat, suggesting that its a current thing to wear. This image is useful as it gets another view on what solo male artists wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment